Reporting Aboard Fort Meade, MD

JFHQ-DODIN is a tenant of the Fort Meade Garrison, which is located midway between Baltimore, Maryland, the District of Columbia, and Annapolis. The headquarters is co-located with the Defense Information Systems Agency at 6910 Cooper Ave. Personnel with orders to JFHQ-DODIN should also visit the Ft. Meade website

Military Personnel

Checking-In and Sponsorship

Data needed 

Base Information
MyBaseGuide is a resource for military base information, phone directories, maps and critical installation information:
Fort Meade's Installation website with information regarding housing, medical and other information is located at:


The Mass Transportation Benefit Program is offered to eligible employees and military service members:
Additionally, there are numerous bus and vanpool options that service Fort Meade for transportation throughout the National Capital Area.

Milconnect / DEERS
With Milconnect, DoD affiliates and beneficiaries manage their benefits and records through a convenient self-service portal. Integrated applications give them secure access to many of their personal and personnel records held in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS). Please take the time to update Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) to ensure all entitlements and pay process accurately after you receive your orders. Update DEERS online at or at a local office.

ID Cards
Once registered in Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS), ensure your Common Access Card (CAC) is up to date. If not, go to your nearest facility to receive a new one. The following link helps you locate an issuing facility:
If you are receiving VA disability benefits, you must submit a VA Form 21-8951-2, Notice of Waiver of VA Compensation or Pension to Receive Military Pay and Allowances, to stop them while on active duty. Contact for the VA at 1-800-827-1000 or at for more information.
Maintain your readiness before and during your tour. This includes all medical (PHA, HIV, dental, etc.), fitness, and standard mandatory training. Stay in contact with your unit and provide them updated copies of training certificates or fitness tests. This will make your unit happy and assist in the extension process.
Familiarize yourself with Here you can create a Defense Personal Property System (DPS) account that will allow you to schedule your PCS move and get resources to facilitate your PCS move. Also, visit the DFAS website for travel entitlement information:
Travel costs for the Service Member and/or family from home of record to the duty location is your responsibility. Reimbursement for those expenses are completed in accordance with the Joint Travel Regulations (JTR) once you file a travel voucher (explained later in this section).
Advance Travel Pay
Service Members can receive an advance payment for many travel related expenses during a PCS move. The purpose is to assist with the out-of-pocket expenses, not typical of day-to-day military living that precedes reimbursements in a member's change of duty locations. For more information, see to submitted claims to DFAS via DFAS Form 9114.
PCS Travel Voucher
To file your voucher, access SmartVoucher with your MyPay usemame and password or CAC. The SmartVoucher makes it easier to complete travel vouchers by guiding you step-by-step through a series of questions then it creates a completed DD Form 1351-2. SmartVoucher makes sure you complete all the required fields to create a complete and accurate voucher. Errors take time to correct and delay payment, use the SmartVoucher to avoid mistakes! You will get a list of supporting documents based on the answers you provided. Be sure to include those with your DD Form 1351-2.
In addition, do not forget to print the form to get the required signatures before submitting. To upload securely online, use Travel Voucher Direct. To find another method for sending to your claim read the Where to Submit guide to make sure you send your claim to the appropriate DFAS office. You can submit via fax, email or mail, if you prefer. You can check on the status and make corrections if needed online. For more information, visit the following link:
Medical and Dental coverage
Active-duty service members and their families (spouses and children registered in DEERS) are eligible for TRICARE. If you are a Reserve Component Member coming on Active-Duty Orders, please be aware that at the end of your Title 10 tour, you will NOT qualify for Transitional Assistance Management Program (TAMP), your health benefits end the day of your orders. You should begin to consider healthcare options before the end of your tour in order to ensure coverage for you and your family.
Military OneSource
Military OneSource is a confidential Department of Defense-funded program providing comprehensive information on every aspect of military life at no cost to active duty, Guard and Reserve Component members, and their families. Information includes, but is not limited to, money management, deployment, reunion, relationship, grief, spouse employment and education, parenting and childhood, the concerns of families with special needs member and much more.
School Support Services
The Officer of School Support Services provides school-aged youth with educational opportunities, resources, and information necessary to achieve academic success. A branch of Child and Youth Services (CYS), SSS is home to the School Liaison Office, where School Liaison Officers (SLOs) help deliver the best educational resources and information for your children.
We specialize in education transitions, and make sure incoming and exiting families have information about local schools, graduation requirements, after-school services/programs, youth sponsorship programs and home schooling. We also help parents better understand the education process, school organization and interaction strategies:
Service Members Civil Relief Act SCRA
The Service member's Civil Relief Act (SCRA) provides a wide range of protections for individuals called to active duty. The intent is to postpone or suspend certain civil obligations to enable service members to devote full attention to duty and relieve stress on the family members of those deployed service members.  A few examples of such obligations you may be protected against are outstanding credit card debt, mortgage payments, taxes, or terminations of a lease. For more information visit:
The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act of 1994 (USERRA) is a Federal law that establishes rights and responsibilities for uniformed Service members and their civilian employers. Learn more here:

Fleet and Family Support Center (FFSC)
The Fleet and Family Support Center is committed to supporting Navy and Marine Corps personnel and their families. We offer a wide range of services and programs geared toward developing skills to help individuals and families be more self-reliant and adjust to the challenges of military life. Call the FFSC at 301-677-9017 or visit us in building 2212 Chisholm Ave. Hours of operation are Mon. - Fri. 7:30 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.

Guest Housing
Candlewood Suites, located on Fort Meade, is an IHG Army hotel with the most up to date internet technology, 24-hour Business Center, complimentary hot breakfast, 24-hour fitness Center and comlimentary guest laundry.  Reservations are accepted 30 days in advance. For reservations or more information, call 410-674-7700 or visit

The Coast Guard has a guesthouse within commuting distance of Ft. Meade. For information, call 410-636-7494.

School Registration
Parents are urged to register their children for school as soon as possible after they move into the school's attendance area. Ft. Meade schools are Anne Arundel County Public Schools. If your child is currently receiving Special Education Services, please obtain a copy of your child's IEP (Individualized Education Plan) prior to transfer. For more information about transferring with a child with special education needs, contact the Exceptional Family Member Program Coordinator at 301-677-9017/9018. The telephone number for Anne Arundel County Board of Education is 410-222-5000.

Child Development Centers
The central registration office is located at 1900 Reece Rd. Hours of operation are 8:30 A.M.-5:00 P.M. Mon.- Fri. Sponsors must present proper identification, child's birth certificate, child's social security number, and an up-to-date shot record at time of registration. Hourly care is also available. The central registration's phone number is 301-677-1156 or DSN 312-622-1156. The Fax number is 301-677-1148 or DSN 312-622-1148.